Monday, May 7, 2012

Optiplex MT GX620 video card for gaming?

I am contemplating buying a new video card because mine is integrated. I want my computer to be able to play anything an xbox 360 can. I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz and 3.5 gb of ram. I really want to know, is the 4770 radeon recommended? Will I have to upgrade my 305W stock psu? I can't find any answers for my specific computer and am new at installing anything but RAM!|||No...

You'll need a new CPU, since the Pentium 4s are all outdated, and can't play any recent games. However, they only use the 478 socket, and the most powerful processor on that is the P4. Thus, you'll need to buy a new CPU and motherboard. However, the RAM associated with your current motherboard probably won't work for a newer one (it could, but it's not something I'll bet on), so you'll probably be looking at some new RAM. Then to support it all, you'll probably need to get a better PSU. Then you can look for a video card.



If you plan to keep your current CPU and stuff (your PSU works), then buying a 4770 will be a waste of money. It will be severely bottlenecked by your CPU, and won't reach it's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment