Monday, May 7, 2012

Installing a new video card, what do I do to deactivate the old one?

I just bought a GTX 260, and currently have a GeForce 7300 installed. Do I need to deactivate the old one, or do I just take out the old card and pop in the new one, and boot up my computer?|||Take the old one out, put the new one in, run the monitor on the integrated card or the old one long enough to install the new card's drivers though, or you're going to get a black screen.|||Just take the old one out and put in the new one (assuming the old one isn't an integrated video card)|||Uninstall the drivers from the old one and then pop the new one in and install that one.|||First,delette the old video card driver then remove the video card.



Second,install the new video card and run its installation software.|||There wil be option called UNINSTALL in your device manager for your driver so do it and then install the new one

No comments:

Post a Comment