Sunday, May 6, 2012

Where on my computer can I check what kind of video card/game card I have?

Where on my computer can I check amount of ram, video card, processor, and so on?



Do you right click on yourMy Computer icon and go to properties? I have Windows Vista 2007|||You are on the right track. My Computer/Properties will show you the amount of RAM and processor but to see all of the components installed on your system check the Device Manager.



From the System Properties dialog box, click the "Hardware" tab. Then, click the "Device Manager" button.



A new dialog box will appear showing a list of all hardware on your system. Just click the "+" next to each entry to get info on each device.



An alternate approach to check your video card is to right click on an empty part of your desktop, click Properties, then click Settings.

You'll see "Display" and below that your video card should be listed. Clicking "Advanced" will bring you into a new dialog box that allows you to change several setting for your display and video card.|||To find how much ram you have just rt click my computer then properties and then look on the left where it says tasks. Click Device Manager- there you'll find your video, cpu.|||Click start> run> type dxdiag and push enter. This will list it all in one place.|||For details on everything, try downloading CPU-Z. It'll give you everything you could possibly want to know about your computer's specs.|||In Vista, click "Start", right-click "My computer", click "properties". This will give you basic system info. If you want the brand/model name, in the same window, in the bar on the left, click "Device Manager", and the video card will be labelled in the "Display Adaptors" section. The allotted memory for graphics as opposed to normal use is variable and can be reassigned, and if you want to do this the specs are in the BIOS, found by pressing F1 upon start-up. If you need more info or have other questions you can email me through my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment