Sunday, May 6, 2012

What kinda video card should I replace my 128.00 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with?

I just bought call of duty 4 and just want to play my game so I don't need top of the line. Also where is a good place to buy a card from, I have a dell Dimension 4600i and just want to upgrade my video card without breaking the bank also, is it easy to install a video card.|||Well the FX 5200 is an AGP 8X video card, so you gan go here and pick out what you can afford.:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



I like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



IF YOUR PROCESSOR IS A CELERON THEN IT WILL BOTTLE NECK YOUR SYSTEM.



With that video card I'm sure you mobo uses 184 pin DDR memory.



If you do upgrade your memory then get 2 sticks of DDR PC3200 memory either 2 X 1gig or 2 X 512MB (memory is backward compatable) that means it will run at 200, 166, or 133MHZ or the FSB of your mobo that way if your motherboard supports dual channel mode then you will get much better performance.



This is good memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Bump up a notch: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||I have a 256 MB EVGA GeForce 7600 GS, and it's fantastic. I have the same computer, and it allows me to run Flight Simulator X all-out. It is a good card that's not too expensive. If not, I would definitely go with an EVGA (i've had nothing but trouble with ATI). Also, you might consider upgrading your memory. You can get a 1 gig stick of memory for about 40 bucks, and you'll be surprised at how much it improves your computer's performance.|||I prefer the Ati Radeon video cards. I have a 9600 sapphire agp 256mb which costed around $90, which I play World of Warcraft on. At one time I tried a GeForce video card but for some reason it did pretty wierd things to my pc. You have to make sure that you get the kind of video card for the type of slot you have: PCI, AGP, or PCI-Express. Yes, its easy to upgrade the video card, just make sure after you install the software, download the updates from the manufactures site. Some times theres some trouble shooting to do. One is to make sure that the video card is not set at a higher memory than it has in the bios-I learned that one the hard way and when I figured out what was wrong I was minutes away from uninstalling the video card and taking it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment