Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is 375watt ok to run ati radeon 4670 video card?

I have a Dell Dimension 9150 XP, Radeon x600, 1GB, 375Watt, and I would just like to upgrade card to play a few of the newer games. Open to ideas about other cards but I don't know enough about computers to make a lot of changes to my system. I think I can handle changing a card and perhaps upgrading memory (I have room for 4GB) but that's about it. Thanks.|||Most manufacturer estimates for graphic card power requirements are way overrated. I personally use a HD5670 on a 300W power supply and it runs absolutely fine.



A 375W can easily handle a HD4670. It can run even on a 250W power supply. I've even seen a GTS250 run on a 350W power supply but that's really pushing it.



A few other suggestions would be HD5670, HD5750 and GT240. They all have better performance than a HD4670 and would run fine on a 375W power supply.



You should also look at adding atleast 1GB more memory if you want to try any newer games.|||Most any good graphics card would need an upgraded power supply over a base power supply. I would go with at least a 450 but it might be better to go even bigger than that esp if you plan to upgrade more in the future. if you get 600 you should be good for just about anything|||The recommended for that card is 400W so you will be pushing it without at least around 500W. If you do some research you will find it's not that hard to switch the power supply you can even get a modular one to make your life easier.|||You need 400 watts for that card. 375 is a bit of a gamble.



Get a new power supply, I suggest the Antec Neo Eco series which you can get for $50 USD and up.



>. I think I can handle changing a card and perhaps upgrading memory (I have room for 4GB) but that's about it.



A power supply isn't hard to change out. Undo a few screws, unplug all the power cables, remove power supply.

Do it in reverse for the new one.|||Yes.HD 4670 can run with the power supply you have.get the 512 MB version as the card is not good enough to use 1 GB.look at its power consumption.



http://www.anandtech.com/show/2616



http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/d…





good option for HD 4670 can be GT 240 but it is little more on power consumption due to its GDDR5 memory type so it won't be a good idea to use it with your current power supply.



adding one more gigs of RAM can improve your performance also.

No comments:

Post a Comment