Sunday, May 6, 2012

Problem with my nVIDIA GeForce FX5500 Video Card?

Ok, when I bought my video card about 3-4 months ago, it was working fine(but it overheats in a short amout of time)

And because of that, I removed it from my CPU.

3-4 months have passed and I thought of installing it again. So I installed it and reconnected my monitor plug.

Then when I turn on the PC, the monitor just makes a black screen.

I don't know why, any suggestions?|||most probably the card shuts itself down due to high heat. clean it up. I heard that the FX series of nVidia have heat related problems.



If the screen goes black. most probably you ave ti reinstall it again since the pci slot is not well attached to the card... happened to me twice when I changed my card from an nVidia geforce 8600 gt to an ATI HD 4670 then to an nvidia gtx 295.|||well i doubt ur this dumb, lol, but if u added ur card, are u sure your plugged into it and not your other monitor spot? and did u happed to change bios so that its ooking for the pci slot in bios? good luck with that..|||boy...only pblm i see is that u may not have connected it properly

or there might be some hardware pblm...like ur card being crashed or ruptured

otherwise it shud work fine|||YES THESE CARDS ARE NOT WELL TO ADAPT TO HEAT

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH FX SERIES



WITCH THEY ARE A LEGEND IN GAMING HISTORY

THESE CARDS ARE POWERFUL FOR THERE AGE AND SIZE

MY 5500 CAN OUT RUN 6200 .



BUT THEY OVER HEAT BUT U CAN RECOVER THEM|||This can happened with agp cards sometimes and it might work again in another Computer, but first before you install the Card set your Bios settings to enable AGP Card or something similar, or set it to auto and make sure you allocate Ram to it.

then save your changes and try again, make sure the card seats properly and it is not burned out on the edge connector where it slides into the Slot use a Mag glass and check the last and second last track carefully you may have zapped it because you left the power on, always disconnect the Power cable to the mains when doing so.|||Either you didn't install the video card correctly or you connected the monitor to the wrong video connector.

No comments:

Post a Comment