Friday, May 4, 2012

I can only select about 5 different screen resolutions on my PC. For more, do I need a better video card?

I know it's absolutely lame and trashy. I have just bought a new widescreen monitor but everything seems to be stretched. I've tried the few resolutions i have to choose from on my PC but they all seem pretty messed up.



The monitor's user book says the maximum resolution is 1440 x 900 @ 60hz. Thats one of the resolutions I can't choose!



My video card is sis 650|||You can download the latest driver for your video card at the link below, but with how old it is, I doubt very much that you'll be able to select the 1440 x 900 resolution that you seem to be needing.



The truth of the matter is, you're going to have to purchase an updated video card to get that resolution as it's a wide-screen view.



Best of luck to you.|||yes......you need a better video card for this....|||or better yet, see if there is an updated driver for your video card, and load the drivers for the monitor.|||It looks as though you have an intergrated graphics card, so its probably not a good set. If you buy a much better graphics card you will have many more resolutions to choose from. It will be worth trying to update the current drivers to the latest ones, for both the graphics card and the monitor.|||Powerstrip should allow you to use that resolution. However it could be the case that your SIS 650 which is a relic of the past, cannot even render at that resolution.|||time to upgrade graphic card need to find out if pci or agp|||You can only display the resolutions for what the card was designed for. Updating the drivers and all that will not change it.



You will have to get another card.

No comments:

Post a Comment