Monday, April 23, 2012

How do you update your video card

The video card I have right now is:

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (I'm pretty sure thats what it is)



But the video card I need in order to play this video game I just got is:



ATI Radeon X1300-1950/HD 2000 series (X1800 GTO recommended

or

NVidia GeForce 6600-6800/7/8 series (7900 GT recommended)





When I tried to download the right video card from both NVidia and ATI they both ended up saying that I couldn't download the video card because I didn't have the correct hardware and software.



On ATI i found the software that I needed in order to download so I searched for them and (tried to) download them. Someone please help me. I know this is a lot to ask but can someone lead me step by step through the whole downloading process?



And also know that I'm not a computer geek so try to explain where I can understand it.|||http://www.mysuperpc.com/vcu/steps.shtml|||A video card is a piece of hardware that is about the length of your hand. You need to go to a shop and buy it. You cannot download it any more than you can download you monitor.



You present graphics are based on your motherboard. Most motherboard graphics suck and are totally useless for gaming. You will need to buy a new graphics card (Dollars 100-250) and install it in the appropriate slot. Since you do not know much about this, go to a PC store with your computer and buy a new video card and tell them to fit it in for you. Take a friend along who knows about computers if possible.



|||just go out and buy one of those recommended and put install it in your computer...



in place of the one already in there and install the software...

No comments:

Post a Comment