Friday, April 27, 2012

I have a new acer PC wih an ATI 2100 video card I want another, but do I get a PCI-e, or an AGP or what?

I have a new acer PC wih an ATI 2100 video card I want another, but do I get a PCI-e, or an AGP or what?



THe card is not running even old games very well|||What model of machine?



You need to look at your owner's manual or online at acer to see if your particular machine model has an available PCI-e x16 slot, or an AGP slot.



OK, your machine is probably a M1200 not an MI200

If so it has one PCI-e x16 slot. Keep in mind that the powersupply is probably too wimpy for a high end video card, and likely will not have a PCI-e power connector for the card.|||You are going to have to give us more information.



There is no way for us to know what you need by just telling us you have "a new acer".



We need the model number of the PC.|||Your motherboard has onboard video and 1 PCI-E slot.



No AGP. So just about any PCI-E card will work.|||PCI-E!, agp is an old slot and only found on older computers.|||just to make sure.. goonline to Acer.com and look up your pc..it will tell you which slots it comes with

No comments:

Post a Comment