Friday, April 27, 2012

How do I update my video card?

I have a Radeon 9200 SE on a Home XP system. The reason why I'm updating is so I can get Sims 3 to run. Can I just update the current video card I have now, or will I have to buy a new one?



I've done a lot of searching for the past hour and I can't find any updates for my specific video card. Any help is greatly appreciated.|||I don't know the specs of that card or the specs for Sims3, but if you want to update your video card, you will have to buy a new one and install it!|||It's a little more complicated than that, I'm afraid. All the 9200SE's that I've been able to find are discontinued AGP cards, with either low 64MB or 128MB memory. They are pretty much useless as far as running games like Sims3.



Further, you say nothing about your pc specs, so we can't even guess if you can improve your graphics performance with a modern PCI-Express graphics card. Need more info.|||that's an integrated card(read:crappy) card, if you do not have the funds to purchase a video card, go to Intel's or the manufacturer of the card website and download new drivers for it.



Although getting a dedicated card is your best option|||Its a piece of hardware, the only option is replacing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment