Friday, April 27, 2012

Can bad ram cause a video card to crash when running a 3d application?

My games kept crashing but i could not find a single fix for it. After many calls to EVGA they told me to check the ram. I removed one stick and then booted up and once again it crashed. I then alternated ram sticks and now i've been playing CS:S for more than 1 hour without a single crash. Can faulty ram make video drivers and games crash?|||Yes it does make system crash if ram problem.

If gaming problem, a lots of factors also... Such as graphic drivers, directx and etc.

In order to check RAM, u should put only one RAM and test. Then remove it and put the other RAM and test again.|||I would guess that they meant see if you have enough RAM. I upgrade my RAM to the computers capacity. My Laptop came with 1GB but can take 2 so I added another 1GB, same with my Desktop, upped the Ram to 4GB. Everything will work better and faster. If you already have the most RAM your computer can hold then clean up your hard drive for space and delete any programs you won't use. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment