Thursday, April 26, 2012

What video card do I have/ can I get?

I have a Dell Inspiron 530S, intel celeron, Windows Vista Basic. I need to know what video card I have but I don't know how to do that.

Also I need to know were to find a video card that would work for my computer.

Thanks.|||To find the video card currently installed, click the start menu > run...



If the Run command isn't in your start menu, go to all programs > accessories > Run.



Once the prompt is open, type in 'dxdiag' without quotes and press enter. If connected to the internet, go ahead and click yes. It will gather information for a moment. When finished, click on the 'Display' tab at the top. See the section under 'Device' for information.



Many video cards are tailored to a certain model computer, but will work fine on many other models. If you find one you want, then see both the video card manual and your PC manual and figure out if it will fit. I personally don't know much about installing video cards in laptop computers, I need one myself. :P



Good luck!|||Go to Control Panel, then Device Manager. It will show up near the top under display adaptor

No comments:

Post a Comment