Thursday, April 26, 2012

Installing a second video card?

I have a new PC with a Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE 512MB video card and when playing some games at the higher resolutions the framerate still slows down considerably. Someone once told me that it is possible to install a second video card which is solely dedicated to gaming and should improve the frame rate. I don't have much experience in these areas so can anyone help and tell me what I need to buy and if its easy to install?|||That's sort-of true.



Recent NVidia cards support SLI, which allows you to use multiple video cards in a single machine and combine their power to drive a single display. This is rather like having a duel-CPU computer, but for graphics processing rather then general work.



See http://techreport.com/etc/2004q2/nvidia-… for an introduction to the technology and http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_di… for a HOWTO video.



I believe that both video cards you use need to support the technology though.|||If your Motherboard supports SLi Mode then you will be able to use 2 same maybe different nVidia cards at the same time. You have to put it on SLi mode though.

No comments:

Post a Comment