Monday, April 23, 2012

Will my video card fit in my motherboard?

Hi i recently purchased a Galaxy GTS 450 video card from best buy, It is a double wide gpu and i was wondering if it is going to fit into my motherboard ... my mother board is a ASUS P5G41C-M.. any help would be greatly appreciated|||What he means is that it takes up 2 slots in the back.



And no, it wont fit. You're gonna run into that chip behind it as you can see here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGalle…



Honestly, that motherboard wasn't meant to handle any decent graphics card. I'd suggest getting a new motherboard if you want to buy a new GPU|||Yes it will lol it will fit snuggly into the pci-e slot (the longest one) If you payed for than $140 for it your a fool....|||I don't know what you mean by double wide gpu, but if you have two of them you can use them in SLI, except for the fact that your motherboard does not support SLI.



If you have only one video card, yes it will fit. If you have two, you are out of luck.

Even if you have only one, your motherboard does seem a little tight, and you might not be able to use the expansion slot directly below your video card.



Hopefully your power supply has enough juice to power your card though. If it doesn't work that's the first thing I'd check.

No comments:

Post a Comment