Thursday, April 26, 2012

SLI ready video card with ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard?

I purchased an XFX GeForce 9600 GSO video card. However my motherboard (Asus P5Q Deluxe) is ATI CrossFireX Ready... which was one [possibly major] detail I accidentally overlooked. I know the the board can physically support it (it's the right card bus) but I heard that ATI CrossFireX Ready boards don't work well with SLI ready cards.

Since my video card is SLI ready, will it still work in my board?|||The card itself will work on that motherboard, but you can't buy another 9600 GSO and put it in SLI with the other one. it could only work with two ati cards.|||There is no SLI on the Asus P5Q Deluxe. A single XFX GeForce 9600 GSO will work okay.



Power Requirements:

9600GSO models

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply

(minimum +12 Volt current rating of 22 amps)

An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector|||the sli feature of the card work

the card itself will

No comments:

Post a Comment