Friday, April 27, 2012

When I play DVDs on my widescreen monitor, the picture quality's not as good! Even with a new video card?

I have recently purchased a 22" widescreen LCD monitor and upgraded my video/graphics card to reach the monitor's maximum resolution of 1680x1050. However, when I play a DVD, I couldn't get the "cinematic, studio quality" promised by the new video card. Am I missing some drivers, or should I lower my resolution, or is the DVD just of poor quality to start with? Please help as I'm getting quite frustrated. Thanks!|||Check the DVD drive.It may not be reading properly.Clean the lens or replace, I hope it solves the problem.



Good luck.|||Poor Quaity Moniter|||Your problem may be with what you are expecting from your dvd player.

If your dvd player in not one of the new HD players, the upgraded video card and monitor is not going to display anything more than the resolution that is coming from the dvd player. (this is typically around 480p, but check your dvd drive to make sure)

If you are not using a scan converter or something similar, you will get the best picture by setting your equipment to the same resolution.|||Sounds like you need a better video card. If its a new card be sure and download the latest drivers off the net. Perhaps those resolutions are too heavy for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment